Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Has any one noticed that during games on Fox and on ESPN the announcers will often give out an "award" for player of the game before the game itself has ended? This past Saturday on the East coast Fox game of the week Joe Buck declared that Kelly Johnson was the clutch player of the game. Now there is no problem with this and he ended up being the clutch player but to say this in the 8th makes no sense. On June 30, 2000 at Shea Stadium [a game I was at], the Mets scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 8th. In sports, anything can happen. You never know. They should stop trying to rush information. Waiting until the end whether it goes 9 innings or 16 makes more sense then having to change who the "award" goes to. (Which I have seen before.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I ALWAYS ALWAYS hate to watch baseball on FOX. dead serious...but I actually haven't noticed the award giving earlier before the game is over. It's probably rigged or that the company that sponsers the awards are bought out by the team...
But I'll tell you my hate for FOX sports...I just can't stand the commentators!!!!
First homegame baby!! woooo lets go mets!! If you're on the 7 train later on today before the game, look for a sexy wax figure of David WRight<3 he will be transported from the Madam T's wax museum just in time to make it for the game lol
that would be very awkward having to give the the award you thought you won to someone else. People need more patience
what's the longest game ever played? wasn't it around 16 innings? that's so crazy! how many pitchers do you have to go through lol.
Interesting... maybe they only have a limited time slot so they try to give out the awards early so there is no worries about remaining on air for the rest of the game? Or maybe no one stays around to listen after the game to find out who is going to win>?
I've seen this happen. I personally dont like joe buck or tim mcarver because I feel you can tell they have favorites. Like when they do yankees vs red sox...i just feel like they're always on boston's side and always praising them. and then when the yankees magic happens they sound so surprised. but I think all game announcers should wait until the end, like the yankees do, to give out awards.
Maybe they already know the outcome of the came and they are showing the game on delay.
I wish I could understand! When it comes to sports, everything is just a blur...
Post a Comment