Before the season begins, the Mets will be playing in the Civil Rights game. They, along with the Chicago White Sox, were picked to represent their respective leagues. John Maine was chosen by Willie Randolph to pitch. This allows him to say on schedule with pitching every fifth day. Maine is the fourth in the rotation behind Santana, Martinez and Perez. It is still not entirely clear who will be the fifth starter. (( CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND ADD YOUR OPINION ON THE POLL =] ))
I get why the decision was made -left - right - left - right- but I can't help but think that having Maine pitching behind Pedro might make more sense. He has proven to be consistent and an innings eater. We don't know how Pedro will be. ((hoping he is as good as we need him to be )) And you neverrr know which Perez you're gonna get. Having two guys in a row that might not be able to go deep into the game will tax the bull pen. WE DO NOT NEED THIS HAPPENING AGAIN.
The Mets will play one more Spring Training game tomorrow. They are currently in first place in the Grapefruit League with a 19 and 10 record. I know this really doesn't mean anything, but I am excited. A majority of the games did not include regulars, besides Reyes and Wright, but they were such good games. After losing the first three, they had a stretch of games with a new hero having a hand in the W almost every day. During one of the broadcasts Ron Darling had said that you can tell when a team has spots to fill because they are usually higher in the standings. He went on to say people that don't have guaranteed spots play much harder.
Before I go I just want to mention the new programming on SNY. At 5:00 Daily News Live is still on (( LOVE Chris Cotter! )), but it's now only a half hour. At 5:30 and 6:00 there are two new shows, Wheelhouse, hosted by Brian Custard featuring Brandon Tierney and Scotty Ferrell (( He's awesome )) and Loudmouths featuring Adam Schein and Chris Carlin. I thought I wasn't gonna like Loudmouths but the two men have great chemistry, I recommend it.
That's it for now! =]

11 comments:
great blog! =) i found it very informative. i cant wait for the new season. i like the survey at the bottom of the page. keep up the good work.
Awesome!!! you said everything...lets hope this season pans out better than last!!! and i cant wait to see who the th really will b =)
Though I don't know much about baseball, I actually did understand a lot of this, and can use this to talk with my dad who loves baseball. thanks
Very good blog and I like your predictions!
As someone who's very far away from being a sports fan, I do think it's cool that the Mets will be starting a new season soon. Maybe I'll go see a game. Hopefully the tickets aren't that expensive.
Okay you seem like a very dedicated METS fan... I just saw fever pitch yesterday though and I have to ask- does your home look like the character Ben's room in that movie. Just instead of being decked out in Red Sox paraphernalia, its all METS?
Btw loved that movie!
Ha! lol I respect your obsession with the mets. But as an obsessed Yankees fan I just have to disagree about the Red Sox winning the AL East. =] I'm Yankees fan, we always think we'll go all the way every year. I actually do think we have a better chance. Yes I know the Red Sox are good but I just hate them so much! lol anyway maybe we can look forward to another subway world series like 2000???
EVen though i have absolutely no idea what goes on with baseball, I do like your predictions.
order tramadol tramadol online illegal - tramadol 50 mg dose
[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/lexapro]pastilla e zentius
[/url]lexamil weight
prozac vs flexeril
escitalopram neurogenesis
esertia retencion de liquidos
[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]rebetol online
[/url] order copegus
ribavirin
copegus 200 mg
Post a Comment